AIM offers infrared focal plane arrays and modules (Integrated Detector Cooler Assemblies, IDCAs) to cover the spectral range 1µm to 15 µm based on
- HgCdTe and type II-superlattice (InAs/GaSb) infrared detectors,
- linear formats up to 576x7 pixels for high definition scanning systems,
- two-dimensional arrays up to full tv format
- megapixel format under development.
Besides of the specific focal plane array the IDCAs comprise
- Linear / Rotary Stirling cooler with integrated electronic regulation,
- ROIC with application specific detector interface,
- control electronics with analogue or digital video signal output,
- video processor with automatic image correction algorithms.
The modular IDCA design offers the potential for future improvements in performance upgrades. The full digital signal post-processing accounts for the unsurpassed dynamic range, for the feasibility of post-non-uniformity corrections and offers also a particular easy to handle electrical interface for further image processing.
Integrated Detector Cooler Assemblies:
- 2nd Gen Linear MW+LW MCT IDCAs
- 2nd Gen MW+LW Focal Plane Array MCT, QWIP, Type-II SL IDCAs
- 3rd Gen MW+LW High-Speed MCT IDCAs
- 3rd Gen Dual-Color Type-II SL, Dual-Band MCT IDCAs (under development)
- 288x6 MW/LW
- 576x7 LW